Macerich® (NYSE: MAC) a member of the S&P 500 Index, aligns exceptional retail properties in attractive U.S. markets with the business goals of the nation's retailers and the shopping preferences of local consumers. The company is one of the country’s leading owners, operators and developers of major retail properties.
Macerich brings long-experienced management and a conservative approach to guiding its dynamic, well-placed portfolio, along with a commitment to retailer success that endures.
Macerich properties include many top-performing centers in high-barrier-to-entry markets, including:
- Queens Center, Kings Plaza Shopping Center and Green Acres Mall in New York City;
- Tysons Corner Center in Northern Virginia;
- Arrowhead Towne Center, Biltmore Fashion Park, Kierland Commons, Scottsdale Fashion Square and Tucson La Encantada in Arizona;
- The Shops at North Bridge and Fashion Outlets of Chicago (opening August 1, 2013) in Chicago;
- Broadway Plaza and Village at Corte Madera in Northern California;
- Los Cerritos Center and Santa Monica Place in Southern California;
- Washington Square near Portland, Oregon
Founded in 1964 in Ames, Iowa, by Mace Siegel, Macerich has been headquartered in Santa Monica for more than 30 years. With its significant acquisitions of Westcor in 2002 and Wilmorite in 2005, Macerich gained a definitive national footprint and added high-performing properties and a roster of new opportunities for its retail partners.
The company's deeply tenured leadership team, including Chairman and CEO Arthur M. Coppola, offers steady guidance and the ability to take advantage of the nation’s complex retail real estate cycles.